Mara speaks on a number of topics, including:
The Passionate Life: Creating Vitality and Joy at Any Age
- Having a purpose gives our life meaning and excitement.
- Worrying what other people think is a sure-fire way to take the wind out of our sails.
- Staying healthy is simple and effective through better food choices and exercising.
- Laughing creates vitality and joy, and gives us the energy to pursue our dreams with passion.
- Inspiration to find a new dream or renew an old one
- Tips to get back on track in their own lives
- Guidance to calm the mind and body
- Permission to love yourself right now in this very moment!
Arrange to have Dr. Karpel speak to your organization. Many groups, communities, and companies have benefited from having insights into the process of aging and the care involved.
The Power of Humor for Healing
- Humor and laughter have actual mood and health benefits.
- While some think it’s impossible to enjoy humor when things are stressful, this is precisely the time when it’s needed the most.
- We don’t all enjoy the same type of humor and that’s OK.
Participants will leave with ways of making themselves laugh, when they don’t feel like laughing.
Realistic Optimism is Good For Your Health
- Become a realistic optimist
- Using humor to increase optimism
- Practice realistic optimism
The Power of Generosity without Expectations
- Generosity is one of the most powerful ways of improving your mood.
- Expectation decreases the benefit of generosity
- How to give, powerfully, even if you don’t have money to be financially generous.
- Quarterly speaking engagements at The Court at Round Rock Senior Residence as part of their Brain University. Topics included: “Humor for Healing,” “Optimism is Good for Your Health,” “Food and Mood, Dementia.”
- “Caring for the Caregiver.” Multiple speaking engagements including, Austin Groups on Aging, Austin Area Home Care Council, Family Councils of various assisted living communities in Austin, Texas.
- “Optimism is Good for Your Health” at Longhorn Village Senior Residence in Austin, TX; Century Village (Over 55 Active Community). Deerfield Beach, Florida
- “Optimism is Good for Your Health,” Retirement Community in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
- “Healthy Aging,” Punta Mita Time Restaurant in Punta Mita, Mexico, 2007.
- “Depression in the Elderly,” Seminar for the Capital Area Psychological Association, Austin, TX, 2005.
- Multiple in-service seminars for staff members of nursing homes covering dementia and depression in the elderly.
To contact Dr. Mara, email: DrMara@DrMaraKarpel.com or call her at: 512-626-6973
Suddenly, You’re Taking Care of Your Elderly Parents
- How to utilize and tap into community resources.
- Self-care is of the highest importance or you will not be of any good to anyone.
- Conversations to have with parents and documents in order to be better prepared.
- The adult/child caregiver near or far
- Taking care of yourself as a caregiver
- Finding peace in the middle of chaos
Some Previous Speaking Engagements
Dr. Mara was interviewed by Judy Maggio of Austin's PBS about living a Passionate Life at Any Age! And you can see the whole interview right HERE!read more
On Thursday, September 13, 2018, Dr. Mara spoke to a full house of about 75 people in Yonkers, NY, at an Independent and Assisted Living Community. It was a success! Everyone stayed for the entire hour, listening to how they can live a more joyful and passionate...read more
Newsletter – August 28, 2018: News about The Passionate Life: Creating Vitality & Joy at ANY Age August 28, 2018
Just a little hello, as the hot summer winds down, with the latest news related to Dr. Mara's launch of The Passionate Life: Creating Vitality & Joy at Any Age into print on Sept. 10, the radio program, and more. Take a peek at Dr. Mara's newsletter! You can...read more