About Dr. Karpel
Dr. Mara Karpel has been a practicing clinical psychologist for over thirty years, specializing in working with older adults and caregivers, as well as adults of all ages who are dealing with issues of anxiety, depression–or desiring to create more joy in their lives. She also specializes in evaluating veterans for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Mara is the host of the Blog Talk Radio show, Dr. Mara Karpel & Your Golden Years, a program about the social, emotional, and health issues of older adults, caregivers, Boomers, and all who want to grow older with greater health and more joy. She is a regular contributor to Huffington Post and to Arianna Huffington’s new online publication, Thrive Global.
Dr. Mara’s Internationally Best Selling Book, The Passionate Life: Creating Vitality & Joy at Any Age, is a guide for all who want to live a more vital, joyful life! After all, Passion, Joy, and Vitality are not just for the young! They are meant for the young at heart no matter what our age.
- Received her doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Syracuse University – 1992.
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in Texas, New York and Colorado.
- Author of the International Best Seller, The Passionate Life: Creating Vitality and Joy at Every Age.
- Host of the internet radio show, Dr. Mara Karpel & Your Golden Years, on BlogTalkRadio.com, Sunday’s at 5pm CT/6pm ET.
- Blogger for Huffington Post and Arianna Huffington’s on-line publication, Thrive Global.
- Creator of the on-line course, Living the Passionate Life
- Available for lectures throughout North America. Has given lectures throughout Texas, in Florida, and in Puerto Vallarta, MX.
- Co-authored publication based on original research study: Karpel, M. E., Hoyer, W. J., & Toglia, M. P. (2001). “Accuracy and Qualities of Real and Suggested Memories: Nonspecific Age Differences,” The Journals of Gerontology Series B: Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences.
- Previously, wrote a weekly column that appeared in a Texas newspaper for over 2 years, as well as in Vallarta Today, a weekly newspaper for the expatriate retirement community in Puerto Vallarta, MX.
- Dr. Mara additionally evaluates veterans for PTSD and other mental health conditions and has a private psychotherapy practice.